Slow precipitation of calcium carbonate.

jeudi 30 janvier 2014

Hello Everyone,



I am working with CaCO3. I want to have the precipitated CaCO3 in the laboratory. The easy way is to mix Na2CO3 and CaCl2. It gives CaCO3 and NaCl but this reaction takes place in a flash. As the reaction rate is high the produced CaCO3 forms powder like substance (the syze of crystals are very small) and they do not bond well with each other.



I want to increase the size of the crystals. I think I need to reduce the rate of reaction to get the bigger crystals. I have tried mixing at the lower temperature but the reaction again takes place in a flash and the product is always in the form of powder.



Now I am thinking of some new chemicals that will decompose slowly to give either calcium ion of carbonate at a slow pace. Do you know any such chemicals?



Urea can also give carbonate ion slowly. Do you know how to dissociate urea?



Thank you all for your support.



Duke





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire