Quantum Mechanics Questions

jeudi 30 janvier 2014

Hey all, I am learning about Quantum Mechanics right now and I have a few questions:



1. First off, can someone verify eigen functions and values for me. Why are they important and what exactl do they do?

2. How about is it possible when accounting for the 3rd postulate of quantum mechanics, dealing with the said eigen values, apart from the descrete energy values is there any possibility of a result of energy identical or agreeing with classical mechanics?

3. Why do we need a single value for these wave functions? Is this because without it particles would have a dual probability along a same given interval?



Thank you in advance for your help. I am taking a 4 credit hour course in physical chemistry on quantum mechanics where the entire course is being taught in a two month period, so it is like a 8 credit hour course. I have my first test in a few days and I am struggling with the information right now.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire