Chemistry Major Thinking (too much?) about Physics

jeudi 31 juillet 2014

I have been doing research in chemistry for quite a while now. I love chemistry! But for about a year now, all of the questions that I've had are of a more purely physical nature. My mentor has some good answers for me, but a lot of the time he doesn't seem to care or know about the answer. He has even explained before that a chemist: 1.) shouldn't concern himself with knowledge of the field I'm asking about, 2.) wouldn't find use for this information, and 3.) I wouldn't have time to learn that stuff in grad school for chemistry anyways.



I would love to take a degree in physics doing work in atomic, molecular and optical physics.



I don't know whether or not to continue with my pursuit of chemistry; I have a strong grad school application package and I should get into a top program. But should I go into physics to satisfy my curiosity? I would love if someone could help me by asking questions that might make my decision more clear.



Should I mention that I like math? I've looked at the physics GRE and I'd guess that I'd score pretty well on it. What's a competitive score on that thing anyways, 85th percentile? 90th? I'm sure that's subjective, but a random number guess or a ballpark will satisfy me.



Thanks.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire