Verbatim: What Is a Photocopier?

mardi 29 avril 2014

This is bizarrely hilarious!



http://ift.tt/1pMMUFD




Quote:








In 2012, on my Facebook feed, I stumbled across a hilarious excerpt from a legal transcript. In a deposition in Ohio, a lawyer became embroiled in an absurd argument about the definition of a photocopier.



D: When you say “photocopying machine,” what do you mean?



PL: Let me be clear. The term “photocopying machine” is so ambiguous that you can’t picture in your mind what a photocopying machine is in an office setting?



The dialogue was so sharp, inane and fully realized that I assumed it was fiction. I traced the deposition back to the Ohio Supreme Court and downloaded hundreds of pages of legal documents from the case. To my pleasant surprise, it was as strange as it was true.








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire