Thermodynamics Constant Pressure Process

mercredi 30 avril 2014

Hi, I found a derivation for heat transfer in a constant pressure process. It goes as follows:



Q + W = u2 - u1

Q = u2 - u1 + p(v2 - v1)



Since h = u + pv, Then



Q = h2 - h1



The first equation states that the sum of heat and work done is equal to the change in internal energy, I can comprehend up to there. But in the next line the work done is taken to the other side of the equation; both mathematically and physically I cannot understand how the work done (p(v2 - v1)) is still positive.



Mathematically I would say that taking work to the opposite side would make work negative.

Physically I would think that the amount of heat supplied/given off would be equal to the difference of initial and final internal energy minus the work done.



Hope someone could clear this out for me. Thanks





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire