Coil gun doesn't work very well.

mardi 29 avril 2014

I am trying to make a coil gun. I have about a 4 inch pvc pipe of 1/2 inch thickness, which is what I wrap the gauge 30 copper magnetic wire. I wrap it around about 400 times in a roughly 1 1/4 inch length. I have taken the flash circuit from a disposable camera, which has a 300 volt and 80 uF cap. It is powered by a AA 1.5 volt battery. I have connected a button where the flash button used to be, and i have another button between the capacitor and the coil. I have inserted a small bolt (not heavy at all) I held the charge button for a while, then pushed the trigger, but nothing happened. So i disconnected the circuit from my coil gun, and just connected it to an electromagnet that is made with the same wire. I placed the bolt about an inch away from it, but when it was activated, all it did was jump. I can clearly hear the capacitor charging up, so i thought it might be too short of a time, so i put a 300 v 120 uF cap in series with the 80uF one, but it did the same thing. Anyone have any help for me? Maybe I need to increase the voltage put in to the flash circuit.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire