Thesis concept evaluation

vendredi 30 août 2013

Hi to everyone, I study industrial design at faculty of mechanical engineering and It is time to start thinking about the theme of my thesis.



So I have seen this, and was terribly dissapointed, when I found out it's just CGI. We've all seen quantum levitation videos before, so this thing is certainly viable in some way.



I guess this thesis theme most likely won't get approved, but I would really like to explore the (just from physics standpoint) viability of life-sized quantum hovercraft racing. I'm not hoping for any financial or practical viability anytime soon, I just would like to find out if it is possible and then design a racing hovercraft in a functional and realistic fashion.



So I made this horrible image here with some questions attached. I have done some searching on this forum, and there are topics which are touching this, but mainly from making mass maglev cars and practicality of the thing, which really isn't my concern.



I feel like these are the most basic and crucial questions for something like this to work, which are probably really easy to answer for someone here. And if there is a possibility there, I would start to investigate further and would ask much more detailed, more intricate questions, or just ask some physics people at school. But if I am completely wrong, I guess it's better to embarass myself on the internet first.



I'm just curious, if one day, we could watch hovercrafts with loopings and stuff instead of Formula 1 on sunday.



Sorry for my non-native and not very good english and thanks for looking at this not really much thought-out thread. I hope It's atleast in the right forum category.




Attached Images





File Type: jpg vznasedlo.jpg (130.9 KB)








via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=707824&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire