Am I sabotaging my career? (Computer engineering student)

vendredi 30 août 2013

I am a sophomore student of computer engineering, and since the beginning of the summer I have been working with a small web services provider (web development, hosting, among a few other things, with close ties to my university). They took me on with no experience at all, and have been generous and supportive throughout my employment. In return, I want to offer enough of my own time and service to make good on their investment in me.



However, I have had people whispering in my ear that I should look for an engineering-related internship for this coming summer. I am torn between company loyalty and good sense. So, I am here to ask for opinions. Would I be sabotaging my career by marrying myself to this sort of firm while I'm at University?



I would like to see myself move on to hardware-oriented engineering fields in the future, for which my current job offers no experience. On the other hand, I am learning more about networks here than I will ever learn at school. I just don't know whether this sort of experience will preclude me from entering any sort of computer hardware engineering profession.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=707877&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire