Help with a beam experiment

samedi 31 mai 2014

Hello!

I have a problem/question and would appreciate your thoughts and experience.



So I have a »tip loaded cantilevered beam« as shown in the picture. On it's end there are a force and a torque acting in an unknown direction in the 2D plane.



I have to experimentally determine the force and the torque. Could you help me figure out how could this be done since I don't have any expirience with lab equipment.



I thought about strain gauges, but is it even possible to determine both the force and torque with cleverly arranged strain gauges in this case? And since I don't have much expirience with strain gauges I am concerned about how accurate they are... It's a very indirect method that requires a calculation with a lot of unsure variables such as E-Module, beam cross section etc.



Do you know any simple alternatives how this could be done? It doesn't need to be super accurate, but enough to pull some conclusions from the experiment. (I need to measure the force and torque to compare them to values I calculated with my theoretical model)



BTW: I am most interested in the horizontal component of the force F.



How about if both force and torque would be acting in an unknown direction in 3D space?



Thanks!




Attached Images





File Type: jpg Picture1.jpg (29.2 KB)







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire