Confusion of the electrical conductivity unit in CGS.

samedi 31 mai 2014

Hello.



Electrical conductivity is written as [itex]\frac{n_{e}e^{2}}{m_{e}\nu_{ei}}[/itex] where [itex]n_{e}, e, m_{e}[/itex] and [itex]\nu_{ei}[/itex] are for electron density, charge, mass and electron-ion collision frequency.



According to Wikipedea, http://ift.tt/1wL7Bmi



Unit of the conductivity is same to the frequency as 1/s (s for second).



I checked this is true by substituting CGS dimensions of each parameters in the expression.



How can I interpret this? conductivity is some type of frequency? Does it make sense??



Moreover, for a given conductivity in CGS unit, how can I convert it to SI unit which is the most useful for experimentalist?



Please help me to remove confusion from my mind..





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire