Free surface charge density (not bound density)

jeudi 18 septembre 2014

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

a parallel plate capacitor has 2 plates separated by a dielectric of rel. permittivity 5.0 are separated by 0.20mm and have area of 5.0 cm2.

Potential difference between the plates is 500V.



I need to be able to calculate the free surface charge density.









2. Relevant equations

I'm assuming Dout = Din



From boundary conditions D1 ┴ = D2

and D2 ┴ - D1 ┴ = σf



Could someone just confirm what the boundary conditions are so I can say that the free surface charge density is zero or not!





3. The attempt at a solution



I have Dout = Din = ε0Ein + P

so from calculations

P = 4.43x10-9 - (8.85x10-12 x 100)

P = 3.54x10-9 Cm-2



Could I just say;

D1 ┴ = D2 ┴ so there is zero free surface charge density!





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire